To access the library resources from off-campus, go directly to the library website homepage.
You are here
How do I ...
Check these answers first:
Access library resources from off-campus
Connect Google Scholar to PSU library holdings and Endnote
To connect to library holdings:
- Navigate to Google Scholar settings by clicking on the three lines in the top left corner of your screen and scrolling down to “Settings”
- Select “Library Links” from the menu
- Type Pennsylvania State University in the search bar and hit the blue search button
- Select the check box for Pennsylvania State University and hit save
- Now when you search Google Scholar you will have Get It! @ Penn State links on the right hand side of your results
To connect to your personal Endnote account:
- Navigate to Google Scholar settings by clicking on the three lines in the top left corner of your screen and scrolling down to settings
- At the bottom of the page is a section called “Bibliography manager”
- Change “Show links to import citations into” to Endnote and hit save
- Now when you search Google Scholar you will have an Import Into Endnote link under each result
Find a journal article if I have the citation for it
There are 3 ways to access full text journal articles through the library website:
Find a print book, ebook, DVD, or other item
Search the University Libraries catalog by title, author, or keyword to find thousands of items owned by Penn State University Libraries.the University Libraries catalog.
You will receive an email when the materials arrive.
Get items not available at the Harrell Library
If you are a student, faculty, or staff member at Penn State Hershey,
- Visit the Interlibrary Loan webpage
- Click the “log in” link at the top of the page and log in with your Penn State Access ID and two factor authentication
- Complete a one-time-only contact form (for individuals who have never used this service)
- Describe the item you need
- Most of the time your request will be provided free of charge by one of our partner libraries. However, if the library providing the item charges us, then we must pass that charge on to you. If you do not wish to pay for the item, select “free only” in the account number field, and we will cancel the order if charges arise
You will receive an email message when your requested item arrives.