You are here
UPRC Library Services
The Harrell Health Sciences Library provides satellite services at College of Medicine’s University Park Regional Campus (UPRC). It is staffed by the Embedded Health Sciences Librarian, Bradley Long. This satellite service the follows the policies of the Harrell Health Sciences Library. An online UPRC orientation module is also available. During the Pandemic: Any procedures or policies of either the Harrell Health Sciences Library or the University Libraries are subject to change – at a moment’s notice.
Library Services are not provided to the staff of Mount Nittany Medical Center, Geisinger Health, Penn Highlands Healthcare, or any other non-Penn State healthcare providers located in the Centre County region. Please consult with your employer for information about library services.
The Embedded Health Sciences Librarian is normally scheduled to be onsite Mondays – Fridays, from 8 AM – 4:30 PM. Bradley Long is currently telecommuting due to the pandemic.
Onsite services include:
- A small circulating book collection, with items circulating for either a seven-day period or a semester-long period.
- Books may be checked out using the meeScan Self Checkout system
- Management the circulation of the University Park Curriculum's student laptop collection. [See the Policy].
- The onsite delivery of physical items ordered through either Interlibrary Loan or “Get It at Penn State”.
Other Library Services at University Park
Montague Law Library. 214 Lewis Katz Building. [Campus Map]
- The Montague Law Library provides 24/7 access to students enrolled in either the University Park Curriculum or the MD/MBA program, along with the UP Family & Community Medicine residents. During the Pandemic: Access to both the Katz Building and the Law Library are not available to any members of the University Park Regional Campus.
- Student and resident 24/7 access is coordinated by the Embedded Health Sciences Librarian. Any faculty or staff desiring to have 24/7 access to the Law Library should directly contact Law Library Administration.
- Group study rooms are available for use, but are not able to be reserved by members of the University Park Regional Campus community. Furthermore, please respect the existing reservations made by the Penn State Law or School of International Affairs community.
- Additional group study space is available in the lobby of the Katz Building.
Other University Park Libraries. [Campus Map]
- The University Libraries provides access to several other on-campus libraries. Services and hours may vary from library-to-library. Group study rooms and additional study spaces are available throughout the various library locations.
- Virtual reality (VR) services also available at select University Libraries.
- Through Penn State WebLabs, one may remotely connect to applications available on physical computer lab PCs.
For more information about the full-range of Library Services available at the PSCOM University Park Regional Campus Library Services Orientation module.