You are here
Use the library's 3D printers
1. Create or find a model
To create a 3D model, use the featured 3D modeling software in the library or the 3D scanner. To find an existing model, search through the free repositories. When finished, save your model as a .stl, .obj, .amf, .ply, or .gcode file.
Free 3D Modeling Software
- Tinkercad: Free web-based 3D design software that is easy to learn and simple to use.
- Blender: A free professional 3D content-creation application, with a wide array of features. Blender has a significant learning curve. However, it can be used to create animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications, and even video games. Consult with our in-house graphic designer.
3. Pick up finished print
- Your print will be processed and you will receive an email notifying you when your printed object is available for pickup at the library service desk.
- Hershey campus users can pick up your 3D printed objects at the library service desk during the library staffed hours. University Park Program users can pick up print at the UPP office: 1850 E. Park Ave, State College.
- We're charging $0.05 per gram simply to recuperate the cost of the filament. Your first 100 grams are free. Check FAQs for more details.