You are here
Access library resources from off-campus
To access the library resources from off-campus, go directly to the library website homepage.
Find a journal article if I have the citation for it
There are 3 ways to access full text journal articles through the library website:
Find a print book, ebook, DVD, or other item
Search the library catalog (The CAT) by title, author, or keyword to find thousands of items owned by Penn State University Libraries.the library catalog (The CAT).
You will receive an email when the materials arrive.
Get items from other PSU Libraries
Get items PSU libraries do not own
If you are a student, faculty, or staff member at Penn State Hershey,
- Visit the Interlibrary Loan webpage
- Click the “log in” link at the top of the page and log in with your Penn State Access ID and two factor authentication
- Complete a one-time-only contact form (for individuals who have never used this service)
- Describe the item you need
- Most of the time your request will be provided free of charge by one of our partner libraries. However, if the library providing the item charges us, then we must pass that charge on to you. If you do not wish to pay for the item, select “free only” in the account number field, and we will cancel the order if charges arise
You will receive an email message when your requested item arrives.
Penn State Access ID
- On and off campus access available
- Looks like xyz50002
- Authentication Page for off campus access
- Change Access ID password, set/update security questions
- Locked out of Access ID: go to Penn State Password Management if have set security questions to reset password automatically or call IT Service Desk at 717-531-6281
- Penn State Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Penn State Health Access ID (Previous ePass)
- Get items PSU libraries do not own
- Get items from other PSU Libraries
- Find a print book, ebook, DVD, or other item
- Find a journal article if I have the citation for it