You are here
Interlibrary Loan service:
supports the scholarly research needs of the Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center faculty, staff and students. The requesting system (ILLiad) is used to request materials:
- Materials from libraries worldwide beyond Penn State
- Articles and non-circulating materials from Penn State University Libraries at all campus locations
- Articles from print journals held in the Harrell Health Sciences Library: Research and Learning Commons collection
- ILL cannot substitute textbook purchases for classes.
- Only the Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Faculty, Staff (including Residents), and Students are eligible to use Interlibrary Loan.
- You must have a current Penn State Access Account.
Lending library charges are passed on to the individual/department requesting documents. ILL staff will make every effort to obtain loans free of charge; reciprocal agreements are in place with partnering Big Ten (CIC) Libraries. Billing instructions must be provided to process loans.
For articles that are only available in print in the library, we will scan and deliver free digitized copies to Penn State students, faculty, and staff.
Patient Care Emergency?
Resources needed to handle patient care emergencies can be processed as a RUSH request:
- Complete an item request online
- Call 717-531-8011 to alert the Interlibrary Loan staff. Interlibrary Loan Fax: 717-531-8636